Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Blog post

Walker Evans. Posed Portraits, New York, 1932

I was attracted to this image because of knowing Walker Evans work.

Harry Callahan, Atlanta, 1984; dye transfer print; Collection SFMOMA, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Accessions Committee Fund purchase; © Estate of Harry Callahan

I think the idea about voyeurism is interesting because it now it seems to be very clear on how easy it is to document people without knowing it with the advances of technology. 

Sharon Hayes, In the Near Future, 2009. Slide-projection installation: 13 actions, 13 projections, dimensions variable, edition 1/3. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, Purchased with funds contributed by the Photography Committee and Manuel de Santaren 2010.12. Image courtesy the artist and Tanya Leighton Gallery, Berlin 
 
I think the idea of language within photos is such a powerful thing and just glancing at this photo made me stop and grab my attention. 

Matt Mondragon Printfits, 2010 
 
I picked this photo because it was a one of a few self portraits that I started to take of myself and starting to use different light sources.

Matt Mondragon  fence, 2010

I choose this because of the simplicity of the image but it still contains a lot of information. 


Matt Mondragon untitled, 2010
 
This was just another look at trying different lighting sources. 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment