Thursday, February 24, 2011

Forth Blog Post

Sam Taylor-Wood (British, b. 1967). Ghosts VI, 2008. Chromogenic photograph, 43 x 55½ in. (109.2 x 141 cm). © The artist, courtesy White Cube, London 

I liked this photo because I enjoy scenery photos but with this photo I was really drawn to the colors. Having the colors muted gives a calmness feel. I also liked the storm cloud it gives it's presence by it's shadow on the ground. 
Gilbert and George The Red Sculpture, 1975 Chromgenic color print with text, 9,1/8 x 13,7/8 in, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, Art & Project/Depot VBVR Gift 


This is not the photo on the website but it the same subject matter. I'm drawn to this image because I enjoy Gilbert and George's art work personally, but this photo documents one of their performances. 
 
Phantom, 1971. Phosphorous pigmented polyurethane 102 x 420 x 96 inches 259.1 x 1066.8 x 243.8 centimeters Installation at Union Art Gallery, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas February 3-7, 1971 Courtesy Paula Cooper Gallery, New York 
 
When I saw this photo I thought about toxic slim or this toy that I use to play with when I was younger. So to me I enjoyed this photo because it brought up these past memories and it's interesting to see this sculpture that has this fluid gravity feel and look. 
 
So with my three images that I am going to show all have to do with my new project in which I took these photos because I was fascinated by the front porches of peoples houses when I decided to get lost in a neighborhood I've never been in. 

Matt Mondragon Untitled, 2011  

Matt Mondragon Untitled, 2011 
Matt Mondragon Untitled, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment