Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Third Blog Post

Luis Camnitzer, Landscape as an Attitude, 1979 black and white photography 28.1 x 35.5 cm 

I like the idea of the photograph by using the face as a landscape, it makes me want to know what the meaning of this image is if there is one. 

Marcia Resnick, Kipper Kids, 1980
With this image I think I was drawn to the humor of the photograph and got the sense of mischievous behavior. Then reading the title of the show bad boys- punks, poets and provocateurs said it all. 

Todd Hido, 9545-c, 2010 Chromogenic print 20 x 24 in edition of 10
With entire series of photos the lighting and color that the photos have are just amazing the natural lighting is what drew me in even though the exhibition just ended I think it would be a shame not to mention this. 

Matt Mondragon untitled, 2011
These photos were taken on my second visit to the recording studio I wanted to capture more of the people and what they were doing when they weren't recording. 
Matt Mondragon, untitled, 2011
This was another new photo of my second visit at the recording studio I just liked the composition of the photo. 

Matt Mondragon untitled, 2011
With this image it was more of just experimenting with lighting sparked by the conversation of studio lighting and finding other ways to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment